THE COACH CLIFF RAMOS “PERSEVERANCE AWARD” requirements:
Please note that this is a scholarship award for Senior Wrestlers Only! Coaches must nominate the student athlete. Coaches must submit their “Coach Ramos Perseverance Award Nominations” by clicking below on the appropriate button, “COACHES CLICK HERE”. Student athletes must complete and submit the “Nominee Information Form” by clicking below on the button, STUDENT – ATHLETE NOMINEE CLICK HERE”.
All nominations must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The award nominee must be a senior in high school.
- The nominee can be male or female.
- The nominee must have demonstrated a significant amount of courage and perseverance in their effort to endure in the sport of wrestling during their high school wrestling career. This effort could have been over a span of one season, or all the way through their high school wrestling experience. The main point is to recognize a student-athlete’s perseverance in fighting through pain and challenge to reach their goal of wrestling for their team.
- The nominee must have maintained a GPA of at least a 2.5 (C+) or better during their high school experience.
- The nominee must have demonstrated a dynamic personal Christian faith, with which he or she sought to positively influence their coaches, teammates in wrestling, and their classmates for the Lord.
- The nominee must have been a faithful and hard-working member of their high school wrestling team for a minimum of 3 years (3 full wrestling seasons). This does NOT mean that they had to wrestle for the Varsity line-up, only that they were a hard-working and positive contributor to the team over a period of at least 3 seasons. They may never have made the Varsity line-up, but if they faithfully attended all practice, came to matches, supported, and encouraged their wrestling teammates, they may qualify as a candidate for this scholarship award.
- IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This award is designed to evaluate a student-athletes courage and perseverance in overcoming physical challenges (like serious injuries, handicaps, or illnesses). It is NOT to evaluate the stability of a candidate’s homelife or family financial picture. For liability reasons, NO information on a candidate’s financial situation, or their family’s stability (or emotional health) will be considered. Do NOT mention any of these factors in your candidate’s nomination forms. To do so could eliminate your student nominee from consideration for this award.
Student athletes MUST also submit (2) reference letters in addition to the completed “Nominee Information Form” noted below, for their application to be considered.
Please email ALL reference letters to Lisa Hankins at email@example.com. The deadline for all submissions and reference letters is midnight January 17, 2022. Receipt of completed nomination will be verified with an email to the coach.
Please call or email Lisa Hankins with any questions, 706-255-7521